|Title:||Self-management of hybrid optical networks|
|Affiliation:||University of Twente, DACS group|
|Supervisor:||Dr. A. Pras|
|Funding:||BSIK - Gigaport NG|
Tiago Fioreze is a Ph.D. student at the Design and Analysis of Communication Systems (DACS) group, which belongs to the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science at the University of Twente. He is also a participant of the European Network of Excellence on Management Solutions for Next Generation Networks (EMANICS) and has been a researcher of the Gigaport-NG Research on Networks project. Tiago Fioreze was born in Tapera, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil on October 10th, 1979. He graduated in Computer Science from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul in 2005 (Master of Science) and from the Federal University of Santa Maria in 2003 (Bachelor). His main topic of interest is Network Management, but he also has interest in areas such as Network Security and Fault Tolerance. Currently, he is investigating the use of self-management in optical networks, which is an activity belonging to the Gigaport-NG Research on Networks project. As a hobby in his spare time, Tiago Fioreze likes taking photographs. Some of his photographs can be found on the Web at his Picasa Web album. He is also an enthusiastic about sports, specially indoor soccer, which he practices regularly. Passionate about soccer as most Brazilian people, his favorite soccer team is Grêmio Foot-ball Porto Alegrense.
PhD project description
- Tiago Fioreze, Mattijs Oude Wolbers, Remco van de Meent, Aiko Pras, "Characterization of IP Flows Eligible for Lambda-Connections in Optical Networks", Proceedings of the 11st IFIP/IEEE Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2008), 07-11 April 2008, Salvador, Bahia, Brasil, ISSN 1542-1201 ISBN: 978-1-4244-2066-7, pp. 256 - 262.
- Tiago Fioreze, Mattijs Oude Wolbers, Remco van de Meent, Aiko Pras, "Offloading IP flows onto lambda-connections", Proceedings of the 18th IFIP/IEEE Internation Workshop on Distributed Systems: Operations and Management (DSOM 2007), 29-31 October 2007, San José, California, USA. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 4785, ISSN 0302-9743 ISBN 978-3-540-75693-4, pp. 183-186.
- Tiago Fioreze, Remco van de Meent, Aiko Pras, "An Architecture for the Self-management of Lambda-Connections in Hybrid Networks", Proceedings of the 13th EUNICE Open European Summer School 2007 (EUNICE 2007), 18-20 July 2007, Enschede, The Netherlands. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 4606, ISSN 0302-9743 ISBN 978-3-540-73529-8, pp. 141-148.
- Tiago Fioreze, Aiko Pras, "Self-management of lambda-connections in optical networks", Proceedings of the 1st Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2007) Student Workshop, 21-23 June 2007, Oslo, Norway. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 4543, ISSN 0302-9743 ISBN 978-3-540-72985-3, pp. 212-215.
- Tiago Fioreze, Mattijs Oude Wolbers, Remco van de Meent, Aiko Pras, "Finding Elephants Flows for Optical Networks", Application session proceeding of the 10th IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM 2007), 21-25 May 2007, Munich, Germany, ISBN: 1-4244-0799-0, pp. 627 - 640.
- Tiago Fioreze, Aiko Pras, "Using Self-management for Establishing Light Paths in Optical Networks: an Overview," Poster session proceedings of the 12th EUNICE Open European Summer School 2006 (EUNICE 2006), 18-20 September 2006, Stuttgart, Germany, ISBN: 3-938965-02-9, pp. 17-20.