|Affiliation:||Jacobs University Bremen, CNDS group|
|Supervisor:||Prof. Dr. Jürgen Schönwälder|
|Start:||1 September 2010|
Nikolay is currently a PhD student at the Computer Networks and Distributed Systems (CNDS) group, Jacobs University Bremen. He received his Bachelor degree in "Electrical Engineering and Computer Science" in 2008, and a M.Sc. degree in "Communications, Systems and Electronics" in 2010. His current research focuses on understanding the behavioral patterns of the Internet users and the ways of differentiating Internet users with as little privacy intrusion as possible.
PhD project description
In his current PhD project Nikolay tries to differentiate users based on their Internet traffic patterns. In order to achieve A number of methods for differentiation and clustering of users has been applied so far
You can find a complete list of publications as indexed by Gogle Scholar
1. V. Bashko, N. Melnikov, A. Sehgal, J. Schönwälder: BonaFide: A Traffic Shaping Detection Tool for Mobile Networks. 13th IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM 2013), May 2013
2. M. Tauber, S.N. Bhatti, N. Melnikov, J. Schönwälder: The Case for Heterogeneous WLAN Environments for Converged Networks. International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC 2013), January 2013
3. V. Bajpai, V. Bashko, C. David, S. Kuryla, V. Perelman, J. Schauer, N. Melnikov, A. Sehgal, J. Schönwälder: Design and Prototype Implementation of the WattsApp Telemetry Platform. IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things (iThings 2012), November 2012
4. V. Bajpai, N. Melnikov, A. Sehgal, J. Schönwälder: Flow-based Identification of Failures Caused by IPv6 Transition Mechanisms. 6th Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2012), Springer LNCS 7279, June 2012
5. V. Perelman, N. Melnikov, J. Schönwälder: Flow Signatures of Popular Applications. 12th IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management, Dublin, May 2011.
6. N. Melnikov, J. Schönwälder: Cybermetrics: User Identification Through Network Flow Analysis. 4th Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2010), Springer LNCS 6155, June 2010.
7. K. Kanev, N. Melnikov, J. Schönwälder: Implementation of a Stream-based IP Flow Record Query Language. 4th Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2010), Springer LNCS 6155, June 2010.
- Homepage of Nikolay Melnikov