|Affiliation:||University of Zurich, CSG group|
|Supervisor:||Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller|
|Start:||1 September 2011|
|End:||31 September 2015|
|Funding:||UZH / FLAMINGO|
Christos Tsiaras (Χρήστος Τσιάρας in Greek), is a member of the Communication Systems Group (CSG) since September 2011. At the same time, he joined the department of Informatics (IFI), of the University of Zurich (UZH) in Switzerland and became a Ph.D. candidate, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller. On March 2011, he received his M.Sc. In Computer Science, with a specialization in Computer and Communication Networks, from the department of Informatics of the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) in Greece. During his M.Sc. he worked with Dr. Stavros Toumpis on “Efficient Minimization of routing cost in Delay Tolerant Networks (DTNs)”. Christos holds a Degree in Physics from the University of Crete (UOC) in Greece. During his undergraduate studies he focused on the field of Computational Physics. Christos participated in 8 research projects and he has many scientific publications with high impact in top networking events since 2011. Christos domain of expertise are: Computer and communication networks, wireless and mobile communications, Internet-of-Things (IoT), wireless sensor networks, smart cities, and Quality-of-Experience (QoE) modeling.
PhD project description
Find and explore new ways to overcome the termination service monopoly in the mobile networks. For more information and related publications please visit http://www.abacusproject.eu/.
- C. Tsiaras, L. Hobi, F. Hofstetter, S. Liniger, B. Stiller, parkITsmart: Minimization of Cruising for Parking, The 24th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2015), The 24th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2015), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, August 2015, pp 1–8.
- P. Reichl, S. Egger, S. Möller, K. Kilkki, M. Fiedler, T. Hossfeld, C. Tsiaras, A.S. Asrese, Towards a Comprehensive Framework for QoE and User Behavior Modeling, 7th International Workshop on Multimedia Experience, Costa Navarino, Messinia, Greece, May 2015, pp 1–6.
- D. Dönni, G.S. Machado, C. Tsiaras, B. Stiller, Schengen Routing: A Compliance Analysis, 9th International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2015), Secure, reliable and automated management of networks and their services in an all-connected Future Internet, Ghent, Belgium, June 2015, pp 1–13.
- C. Tsiaras, M. Rösch, B. Stiller, VoIP-based Calibration of the DQX Model, 14th event of the series of International Conferences on Networking (IFIP Networking 2015), IFIP Networking 2015, Toulouse, France, May 2015, pp 1–9.
- C. Tsiaras, B. Stiller, A Deterministic QoE Formalization of User Satisfaction Demands (DQX), 39th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), Local Computer Networks, Edmonton, Canada, September 2014, doi:10.1109/LCN.2014.6925776.
- A.G. Tasiopoulos, C. Tsiaras, S. Toumpis, Optimal and achievable cost/delay tradeoffs in delay-tolerant networks. Elsevier, Computer Networks, Vol. 70, No. 9, September 2014, ISSN 1389-1286, pp 59–74. doi:10.1016/j.comnet.2014.05.006.
- C. Tsiaras, A. Sehgal, S. Seeber, D. Dönni, B. Stiller, J. Schönwälder, G.D. Rodosek, Towards Evaluating Type of Service Related Quality-of-Experience on Mobile Networks. 7th IFIP Wireless and Mobile Networking Conference (WMNC 2014), "Wireless and Mobile Communications and Networks", Vilamoura, Portugal, May 2014.
- C. Tsiaras, S. Liniger, B. Stiller, An Automatic and On-demand MNO Selection Mechanism. IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2014), Krakow, Poland, May 2014.
- C. Tsiaras, S. Liniger, B. Stiller, Automatic and On-demand Mobile Network Operator (MNO) Selection Mechanism Demonstration. IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2014), Krakow, Poland, May 2014.
- C. Tsiaras, B. Stiller, Challenging the Monopoly of Mobile Termination Charges with an Auction-based Charging and User-centric System (AbaCUS). Networked Systems (NetSys 2013) , Stuttgart, Germany, March 2013.
- C. Tsiaras, M. Waldburger, G. S. Machado, A. Vancea, B. Stiller, The Design of a Single Funding Point Charging Architecture. EUropean Network of universities and companies in Information and Communication Engineering (EUNICE), 2012. Budapest, Hungary., Springer, Vol. 7479, pages 148-160, August 2012.
- A. G. Tasiopoulos, C. Tsiaras, S. Toumpis, On the Cost/Delay Tradeoff of Wireless Delay Tolerant Geographic Routing. World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM), 2012. San Francisco, California, USA., IEEE Xplore, pages 1-9, June 2012.
You can find a complete list of publications here.
- Homepage of Christos Tsiaras